"These are a few of my favorite things ..."
- The Forest Hills cemetery: amazing "memorial sculptures" [aka big-@$$ gravestones] set in beautiful surroundings. Christina shot a few nice pictures here.
- Jamaica Pond: we must have circumnavigated the pond a few thousand times, for reasons like being bored, trying to induce labor, going for a run, and just wanting to take a walk.
- The Arnold Arboretum: another nice spot to take a walk.
- The Endy lab: a collection of very smart, creative, and funny people that I've had the privilege of calling colleagues over the last couple of years.
- All the interesting biological engineering, biology, CSBi and CSAIL seminars
- Zipcars: a pretty good alternative to owning a car
- The Weekly Dig: a really funny weekly paper with an irreverent, yet insightful, take on everything.
- The Wonder Spice Cafe, Royal Bengal, and Family restaurants: good food at reasonable prices, an all-too-rare occurrence.
- All the stuff Christina listed [although I'm not as big a fan of the "free stuff" as she is]
There are also a few things I wish I'd had a chance to do:
- Participate in one of the many [1K, 50K, 100K] entrepreneurship competitions held every year at MIT
- Watch a Robocraft competition
- Take a few more courses [like 7.03, 7.22, 7.23, 7.52, 7.86, 6.824, 6.829 and 6.852]
- Check out Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Vermont and Maine
- ... and, of course, graduate with a PhD ;-)
Update: Another one of my favorite things was working out at the CW Taekwondo club, run by two friends of mine. They've managed to build one of the best Sport Taekwondo clubs in the country, with current and ex-national team members from various countries, including an Olympian, working out there. In other words, it's a great place to get your @$$ kicked ;-)