Friday, September 01, 2006

Daddy, there's a monster next to the bed

... and his name is Zander. I say this not because he attempts to bodily devour Christina every 2-3 hours, starting with her chest, but rather because of the noises he makes. He is a veritable orchestra of monster noises while he's sleeping: grunts, gurgles, moans, sighs, crying, heavy breathing and, of course, the occasional, entirely unabashed, sound of a waste product download. Sometimes, he's so loud that I have to put a pillow over my head to drown him out. I always thought pre-verbal children either cried, made nonsense sounds, or were quiet ... little did I know they could easily find work as extras in "Where The Wild Things Are".

Showing off the captured Zandermonster:

3 Comments:

Blogger arnie said...

Hey!!! you're not looking too bad yourself Alex,i see you keep rising from strength to strength. By that i mean,i think your son is definately going to be an improvement on you and your dad(an even more impressive genius).Noone believes me when i tell them how young he is,not once they have seen his pictures.And yes i am claiming young Zander as my nephew and i hope you don't mind.

10:48 PM  
Blogger arnie said...

Jeez Bro!!!when did you become so hairy? i only need to shave once fortnightly and still haven't managed to grow a single strand of hair on my chest. I am soooo envious.

PS;my mum heard the good news and says congrats,now i'm under pressure to start making babies(Doc wants to be a grandmum too)

10:58 PM  
Blogger arnie said...

i will get in touch properly when i get back to England from Japan.there is just so much i need to say and to thank you for.Specifically for being my inspiration and beacon for the last 22yrs.I have unwittingly done OK by seeking to emulate your example and i thank the powers that be for making our paths cross.
I LOVE YOU DAWG AND YOU ARE STILL MA HERO,MA NUMBER ONE.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home