Friday, February 10, 2006

What I tell you four times is true

Hmm. I've been tagged with the "4 things" meme, the blog version of a chain letter. At least it comes without the "If you don't pass it on, a friend of yours will be gored by a rampaging boar when he least expects it" threats that usually accompany such things.

Four jobs I've had:
1. Gardener, in a cemetery. Very laid-back patrons.
2. Programmer in a high-energy physics group. FORTRAN, I hardly knew ye ... thank god.
3. Footsoldier for the now-mired-in-bureaucracy, Not-Really-Very-Evil Empire. Nothing like some TPS reports, with accompanying cover sheet of course, for slowing down the inexorable rise of evil.
4. Stacker and general monkey boy in a college library. This allows me to scoff at the admonitions in a library not to re-shelf books myself because I know the secret code of Dewey.

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. "Enter the Dragon"
2. "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
3. "Princess Mononoke"
4. ... actually, I can watch [bits of] lots of movies multiple times, regardless of how good/bad they are, something that utterly baffles Christina.

Four places I've lived:
1. Wernau, Germany
2. Accra, Ghana
3. Philadelphia, PA
4. Seattle, WA

Four TV shows I like:
1. Arrested Development
2. Curb your Enthusiasm
3. House
4. Six Feet Under

Four places I've vacationed:
1. Namotu, Fiji
2. Itacare, Brazil
3. Sayulita, Mexico
4. Matapalo, Costa Rica

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Haribo gummy bears [trust me, I can make a meal of them]
2. Sauerkraut and Spaetzle
3. Fried plantains and jerk chicken
4. Real German pretzels, with salami

Four sites I visit daily:
1. Superbike Planet
2. Surfermag.com
3. Arts and Letters Daily
4. NY Times

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. Just about any MotoGP racetrack, on a dry, warm, sunny day, riding a motorcycle I don't have to worry about crashing
2. Sitting on a longboard in warm, non-sharky water, with very few other people out and consistent, glassy waves that are gentle enough that even I can surf them and no reef or rocks to worry about on the frequent occasions that I wipe out
3. At the Amazon website, with no spending limit
4. Seattle

Four bloggers I'm tagging:
1. Christina
2. Brandon Watson
3. John Miller
4. Lawrence David

Four books/series I like:
(arbitrarily restricted to fiction)
1. Anything by Iain M. Banks
2. Anything by Neil Gaiman
3. Richard Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs series
4. Ursula le Guin's Earthsea series

Four games I can (and do) play over and over again:
1. Scrabble
... and that's about it. Not much of a game player.

There. All of me, in 4-sized chunks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home