Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Truth in advertising

The subway cars here are plastered full of ads from colleges and job training programs that promise to help you get those skills you need to make your dreams come true, fulfill your potential etc -- basically, they all promise to make the world your oyster. In general, I'm all for inspirational messages but the wide-eyed wonder of it all gets a little tiring after a while.

Today, I finally saw an ad that [sort of] tells it like it is -- its tagline was "With the right tools in the right environment, almost anything is possible." [emphasis mine], which reminded me of my favorite motivational poster.

Unfortunately, I suspect that, unless a "Crazy People"-like situation unfolds in the advertising business, whoever approved that ad isn't going to make it very far in the business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home