Sunday, December 26, 2004

I must have been a good boy this year ...

... because Christmas this year was pretty cool. My brother Victor and cousin Dominique were [are] here; I haven't spent Christmas with Victor in several years [I don't actually remember how many years it's been; maybe since I left Ghana in '92 ?] and I hadn't seen Dominique in over 6 years, so it was a nice little "family" Christmas. Thanks to the superb cooking skills of Christina, we had a great Christmas dinner [pork, sauerkraut, spaetzle and apple sauce ... super-German] as well as a cake that was the caloric equivalent of an atomic bomb. All goodness.

... and now it's snowing quite heavily, for that super-authentic Christmas feeling. Better late than never, I suppose.

[By the way, did you know that those wacky Puritans officially banned Christmas for 22 years in Boston, in the mid-17th century ?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home