Tuesday, November 16, 2004

A bit too much school on the brain

Last night I had a dream that was a lot like one of those comedies where a series of small misfortunes line up just right to cause one big fiasco: I'd started working in a new lab and had spent a week doing a bunch of experiments, ending up with a test tube that contained a few drops of precious solution. Somehow, in a moment of inattention, the contents of the test tube spilled onto a plate that I was eating dinner on, but I thought "Ah, no big deal, I'll just pour it back into the tube" and put the plate off to the side. Somebody else, thinking I was done with it, put his salad leaves right onto the bit of the plate that my solution was on, so I started yelling at him.

At this point, the professor whose lab it was asked what was going on and I went through the internal debate of whether to just let it go or try to explain what had happened. Of course, I chose the wrong option: I tried to explain how I'd spilled my stuff onto the plate, but that it wasn't a big deal until this other fellow put his salad into it etc. While I was talking the professor didn't say anything, he just looked at me with an expression that said "What kind of idiot are you ?" which in turn made me even more nervous so I just kept babbling and trying to explain, which of course made it worse.

That was when I woke up and had one of those "Oh, thank God, it's just a dream !" moments.

Moral of the story: I'm definitely ready for Christmas break =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernard said...

This leads me to believe that "you have craze" !!!!!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home