Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Back to the "United" States of America ?

I've heard/read some speculation that since Bush actually won the popular vote, not just the electoral college vote, Americans would become more unified because this time he actually has the people's mandate in all senses of the word.

If the heated debates I've heard today are any indication, that may not be the case. People who didn't like Bush really didn't like him, and now they're even more upset because there's four more years of Not-Very-Curious George. My favorite tidbit of overheard conversation was something I heard on the subway today:

Man 1: "Yeah, I voted for Bush"
Man 2 [friend of Man 1]: "Man, you're poor. How could you vote for Bush ? Are you retarded ?"

Then again, maybe it's just the backlash from all the disappointed voters and it'll ebb away over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home