Thursday, November 04, 2004

Ah, the wonderful diversity of MIT

Today I saw a guy in shirtsleeves, in 40 degree weather, holding a pair of chopsticks in his hand like he was about to use them and singing to himself quite animatedly while walking down the street ... barefoot.

Sometimes I really wonder whether people do things like this just to feed the stereotype of the eccentric genius who is so lost in his/her mental world that simple things like putting on a pair of shoes are forgotten about. I mean, c'mon ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable said...

This rings a bell. Back in Anchorage (Alaska) when I was in high school, there was a guy who I believe called himself Achmed - God only knows what his real name was. Anyways, he was in the habit of walking around barefoot, both summer and winter if memory serves.

He must have been tired of people asking him why he did it, the only answer he ever gave me was that "shoes are a communist conspiracy."

Maybe he's moved to MIT?

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home