Tuesday, September 07, 2004

T-12 hours and counting

In just about 12 hours, at 8:30 am on Wednesday, it's going to become serious -- I'll have my first class and the new chapter in our lives will have fully begun. Exciting, but also a bit scary.

At least I didn't spend today doing a bunch of school-related stuff, which I was going to do until Christina, bless her, put things into perspective for me by saying "Look, today is the last day for 5+ years when you don't have to think about classes, homework, research or a thesis. Do yourself a favor and don't think about school today". So I didn't -- we spent the day puttering around Somerville, the neighborhood I used to live in when I worked in Boston for a year. We walked by my old place and the owners seem to have decided to plant some fruits and vegetables but not actually look after them, so the garden looked overrun, with tons of fruit and vegetables just asking to be picked. Never one to be asked that question twice, Christina had a good time picking some raspberries, peaches and tomatoes right off the vine/tree/shrub/whatever. Other than that, the neighborhood still looks pretty much the same, nothing very exciting to report there.

Tick, tock, tick, tock ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home