Friday, August 27, 2004

Sometimes, athletes tell it like it is

When Jeremy Wariner won the 400m race in the Olympics, this is what his supposedly biggest rival had to say:

I’ve never seen a white man run that fast,” said Grenada’s Alleyne Francique, who was supposed to be Wariner’s biggest threat but finished fourth.

[according to this MSNBC article]

And today, Liu Xiang of China, upon winning the 110-meter hurdles supposedly said:

``This is a miracle,'' Liu said. ``I'm too tired to even cry. I never ran so fast. I am very proud, not just for myself and China, but for Asia and the yellow-skinned people.[...]''

[according to this NY Times article].

Now all we need is a black swimmer doing really well internationally ;-)


1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

How about a black swimmer who won an Olympic gold medal. Anthony Nesty is from Surinam, south America.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home